Wednesday, December 10, 2008

a letter



Dear Santa,

I know this is a busy time of the year for you,
so I know a way to save you a bit of time on Christmas eve.
you might not have to even stop at my house this year.
you see, my kids have been quite rotten lately.
I asked Sadie to do a quick tidy of the livingroom this morning so that I could vacuum. and she never did.
I asked Ben to sweep the dining room floor. I don't think it has been done for a couple of days. and he didn't.
I asked Jack to pick up his pants and sweater that have been in the livingroom for a day or two. and he didn't.
now, I do some cleaning around here, don't get me wrong,
but we do give our kids a few jobs, and expect them to help out.
but I am getting very little help. sadly.
so, unless they start helping out around here, I am not sure that you need to make a stop here.
I do hope things change, because we will be baking up some yummy cookies, and will have a glass of eggnog ready, in case the kids change their ways.
hoping to see you soon,
Kristi
ps. this kind of makes my house sound like a pigsty.
well, I already swept, and tidied, and will be vacuuming shortly.
just so you know.
and I did clean the bathrooms and do laundry yesterday.
I do do some work around here!

4 comments:

Lynn said...

LOL! Did you post your letter to Santa on the fridge??
That's what I do. : D

Kayli said...

Hmmm, this really resonates with me right now, as my kids/house have been the same way. Unfortunately, I have been more cranky about it.

But I love the letter. Maybe I'll copy it, insert the correct names/articles of clothing, and then hang it on my fridge as Lynn suggested.
:)

Strengthening My Voice said...

Sounds just like my house, maybe Santa won't be stopping here either.

Anonymous said...

i think it is the theme this year! very funny letter!! Leanne